Impressive first day in Barcelona
We are in the middle of opening round of the FIA European Callycross Championship. Both Thomas Bryntesson and Ola Frøshaug had impressed during the first days two heats. After two rounds Bryntesson is on third place, while Frøshaug is number nine.
Bryntesson started the day with a heat victory and second time overall in the first round. In qualifying two he ended fourth in the race, which was enough for a fifth time overall.
– This feels great! I'm glad that it went this well right from the start. It rained until my race would start which made the track very slippery. But even though the track began to dry up afterwards I manage to get a socond time. I'm really happy with that, says Bryntesson.
Ola Frøshaug startet the day with a second place in his heat and thirteenth time overall. Frøshaug won his heat in the second round and got a twelfth time.
– This feels so fun! It's great that I can hang on to the other drivers like this, even though I've barely drove a Supercar before, says Frøshaug.
Results after two rounds
1. Robin Larsson (SWE) 95 p
2. Anton Marklund (SWE) 89 p
3. Thomas Bryntesson (SWE/NOR) 84 p
4. Rene Muennich (DEU) 82 p
5. Alexander Hvaal (NOR) 80 p
6. Andréa Dubourg (FRA) 74 p
7. Martin Kaczmarkski (POL) 67 p
8. Tore Kristofferssen (NOR) 66 p
9. Ola Frøshaug (NOR) 64 p
10. Tommy Rustad (NOR) 63 p
You find the full results under Live.
We have updated our gallery with pictures from Euro RX in Barcelona.
Photo: Tony Welam